Job Title: Campus Liaison Officer (Part-Time | 1,196 Annual Hours)
Salary Expectation: $19.86 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 20 – 23 hours per week | Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Provide a wide range of security services while armed at all times on the LTC Cleveland Campus and monitor conditions of building equipment/security. Serve as the lead officer for the Campus Police and Security team and collaborate with LTC staff on security and safety related issues.
• Provide guidance and direction to Campus Police and Security team.
• Develop/enhance current training programs for Campus Police and Campus Security.
• Provide/coordinate orientation training for all new hires (Campus Police and Campus Security).
• Serve as a member of the College’s Crisis Leadership Team.
• Participate on and provide guidance to the Behavior Intervention Team.
• Be accessible in case of emergencies.
• Coordinate and provide safety/security workshops for staff and students.
• Compile and report Clery Statistics for Annual Security Report.
• Serve as primary liaison with area Police Departments.
• Monitor and troubleshoot security camera system and access control system.
• Perform safety assessments.
• Manage campus police and security staffing schedule.
• Providing internal and external patrolling of the parking lots, walking paths and buildings.
• Investigate a variety of incidents, crimes and vehicular collisions.
• Prepare clear, concise and detailed reports.
• Engaging with a diverse campus population in a community-policing atmosphere.
• Initiate and enhance crime prevention measures.
• Implement and enforce emergency and safety/security procedures.
• Provide basic life support, including CPR and using AEDs, to those in a medical crisis.
• Enforce state statutes and village ordinances, if deputized.
• Support mutual aid law enforcement requests, if deputized.19.86
• Monitor the condition of building equipment such as boilers, pumps, walk-in coolers, fire alarms systems, etc.
• Record equipment temperature, pressure, and other information indicating the condition of equipment.
• Contact on-call maintenance worker if equipment falls outside normal operating ranges.
• Lock and unlock doors as needed.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Must be a currently Certified Police Officer (approved and deputized by the Manitowoc County Sheriff) with the ability to perform essential functions of a police officer, OR a retired law enforcement officer meeting the requirements of the HR 218 standard for carrying a firearm (LEOSA).
• Ability to possess a firearm required.
• Ability to keep accurate reports and records of activities and the ability to observe and accurately recall facts and details; proficient in the use of special police equipment and techniques.
• Ability to quickly assess situations, and rapidly consider and implement appropriate action.
• Must possess integrity, initiative, multi-tasking, flexibility, self-direction, continuous learning, strong communication skills, firm reassuring manner, and sound judgment under pressure.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• A Motor Vehicle Record Check will be conducted upon hire.
Benefits: Professional Development
Beginning: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=254