Salary Expectation: Support Staff - $19.86 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety and Energy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Part-Time; Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Provide a wide range of law enforcement services, while armed at all times, on the LTC Cleveland Campus.
• Duties include both internal and external patrolling of the parking lots, walking paths and buildings; lock and unlock doors as needed; investigate a variety of incidents, crimes and vehicular collisions; prepare clear, concise and detailed reports.
• Work and communicate effectively with a diverse campus population in a community policing atmosphere; initiate and enhance crime prevention measures; implement and enforce emergency and safety/security procedures.
• Provide basic life support, including CPR and using AEDs, to those in a medical crisis.
• Enforce state statutes and local ordinances.
• Responsible for monitoring the condition of building equipment such as boilers, pumps, walk-in coolers, fire alarm systems, etc. Record temperature, pressure, and other information indicating the condition of equipment. Page on-duty maintenance worker if equipment falls outside normal operating ranges.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Must be currently employed as a certified police officer and reside in Manitowoc or Sheboygan County.
• Officer must be approved and deputized by the Manitowoc County Sheriff prior to being hired.
• Ability to perform essential functions of a police officer and the ability to possess a firearm required.
• Ability to keep accurate reports and records of activities and the ability to observe and accurately recall facts and details; proficient in the use of special police equipment and techniques.
• Ability to quickly assess situations, and rapidly consider and implement appropriate action.
• Must possess integrity, initiative, multi-tasking, flexibility, self-direction, continuous learning, strong communication skills, firm reassuring manner, and sound judgment under pressure.
• Must attend 24-hour in-service training to maintain WI DOJ certification. (Certification training maintained through primary employer.)
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
Benefits: Professional Development
Recruitment Period: Ongoing
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.