7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Provide a wide range of security services on the LTC Cleveland Campus and monitor conditions of building equipment/security. Serve as the lead officer for the Campus Police and Security team and collaborate with LTC staff on security and safety related issues. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide guidance and direction to Campus Police and Security team.
• Develop/enhance current training programs for Campus Police and Campus Security.
• Provide/coordinate orientation training for all new hires (Campus Police and Campus Security).
• Serve as a member of the Incident Management Team
• Participate on and provide guidance to the Behavior Intervention Team.
• Be accessible in case of emergencies.
• Coordinate and provide safety/security workshops for staff and students.
• Compile and report Clery Statistics for Annual Security Report.
• Serve as primary liaison with area Police Departments.
• Monitor and troubleshoot security camera system and access control system.
• Perform safety assessments.
• Manage campus police and security staffing schedule.
• Providing internal and external patrolling of the parking lots, walking paths and buildings.
• Investigate a variety of incidents, crimes and vehicular collisions.
• Prepare clear, concise and detailed reports.
• Engaging with a diverse campus population in a community-policing atmosphere.
• Initiate and enhance crime prevention measures.
• Implement and enforce emergency and safety/security procedures.
• Provide basic life support, including CPR and using AEDs, to those in a medical crisis.
• Enforce state statutes and village ordinances, if deputized.
• Support mutual aid law enforcement requests, if deputized.
• Monitor the condition of building equipment such as boilers, pumps, walk-in coolers, fire alarms systems, etc.
• Record equipment temperature, pressure, and other information indicating the condition of equipment.
• Contact on-call maintenance worker if equipment falls outside normal operating ranges.
• Lock and unlock doors as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:• Certified Police Officer (approved and deputized by the Manitowoc County Sheriff) preferred, with the ability to perform essential functions of a police officer, OR a retired law enforcement officer meeting the requirements of the HR 218 standard for carrying a firearm (LEOSA) preferred. Candidate should have previous law enforcement or security experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to possess a firearm preferred but, not required.
• Ability to keep accurate reports and records of activities and the ability to observe and accurately recall facts and details; proficient in the use of special police equipment and techniques.
• Ability to quickly assess situations, and rapidly consider and implement appropriate action.
• Must possess integrity, initiative, multi-tasking, flexibility, self-direction, continuous learning, strong communication skills, firm reassuring manner, and sound judgment under pressure.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Beginner Level Skills: Be familiar with basic hardware. Create a simple text document in MS Word. Use and maintain voice mail. Use file manager. Use network file manager. Use and maintain a personal calendar. Use email to communicate. Navigate through Windows. Access college network system. Understand database concepts. Send and receive attachments. Access a bulletin board. Navigate through the Internet. Schedule meetings.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above duties describe the chief functions of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the job.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Date Updated: 08/22/2022
Type of Position: Part Time Position