LTC offers great benefits from health, dental, vision, life, even pet insurance! If you don't need health benefits you will receive a $4,000 stipend for waiving those benefits. We also offer a Retirement plan through the Wisconsin Retirement System as well as other supplemental retirement 403b and 457 plans. In addition, we have the option to contribute to the Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan.
Looking for time off? We offer PAID leave for sick leave (we call this paid leave of absence), and holidays. Faculty also receive 20 days of no class/no commit time. We have Friday's off in the summer and a Holiday break from Christmas through New Year's to give you a break from the busy semester!
There are so many additional benefits that we offer including tuition reimbursement, professional development, a free on-site wellness/fitness center and an on-site child care center. There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more.
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
$59,296 to $74,120 ** If the successful candidate hired does not meet the educational requirements, the position may be offered at a different salary, per the full-time faculty salary schedule.
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Serve as an EMS educator within the college’s Public Safety programs. This will include instruction from basic CPR to EMT up to Paramedic. Faculty in this position demonstrate proficiency in the use of EMS tools, equipment, and terminology. This position requires faculty to provide preceptor training at remote clinical sites. Program Coordinator maintains the Paramedic program accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
• Maintain classrooms, labs, mobile labs, and equipment storage areas
• Repair or refer damaged equipment for repair
• Ensure student safety in laboratory and scenario based training exercises
• Provide recommendations on equipment purchases, and source quotes
• Meet with area EMS employers to collaborate on needs and possible educational gaps
• Maintain professional certifications and licenses
• Create effective relationships with acute and long-term care partners for the purpose of establishing long term clinical sites.
• Ensure the safety of students in potentially hazardous work environments through safe working practices and proper use of equipment.
• Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
• Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees.
• Participate in college outreach activities
• Work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies.
Program Coordination Responsibilities
• Serve as Department of Health Training Center Coordinator
• Review and approve student background information disclosures
• Represent LTC at Wisconsin Technical College System and Department of Health meetings
• Facilitate program Advisory Committee meetings
• Recruit and develop part time faculty
• Maintain CAAHEP Accreditation
• A Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Services, Education, or a related area required, master’s degree preferred.
• Applicant must have a minimum of two years (4000 hours) of experience specific to program needs at the time of hire (recent experience preferred).
• NREMT Paramedic certification
• WI DHS Paramedic license
• WI DHS EMS Instructor I required at time of hire, will need WI DHS EMS Instructor II license within 60 days
• Teaching experience desired
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial
Conditions of Employment:
Date Updated: 05/12/2022
Type of Position: Full Time Position