John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Job Title: Security Officer
Reports to: Security Services Manager
Type: Hours of work may vary depending upon the level of security required.
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is seeking a full-time regular Security Officer responsible for providing security for a multitude of areas on the property while ensuring the clients’ safety and enjoyment while visiting the Arts Center.
General duties include coordinating and supporting ongoing gallery coverage, incident response and investigations, preparing gallery, non-gallery and public areas for opening, closing and alarm activation as well as other duties as assigned by the Security Services Manager.
This position will require the associate to work days, some weekends, and evening hours.
Our Role: Protection
We follow guidelines critical to coordinating and safeguarding:
Our Role: Connection
We deliver uncommon and exceptional experiences to the community and our ‘work family’ through knowledge sharing of art, artist-built environments, events, educational resources, and the Arts Center.
- People: Internal and external clients, including emergency medical response (CPR, first aid, AED) and crowd management (standard and emergency)
- Art: Loaned, owned, and insured, including policy education, deterrence, and investigations
- Campus: Observing, reporting, and acting upon safety/security concerns as well as preparing gallery, non-gallery, and public areas for opening, closing, and alarm activation
Full-time exempt and non-exempt employees qualify for the following benefits:
- High-school graduate or equivalent, associate’s degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years visual arts, communications, hospitality, and/or customer service experience
- Experience with community policing, retail loss prevention, and/or facility security is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgements and quick decisions
- Ability to routinely walk, talk, observe, and concentrate for extensive periods of time
- Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Familiarity with alarm, access control and/or CCTV systems preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make the application or hiring process more accessible for you.
Please email a resume with three professional references to John Michael Kohler Arts Center’s Human Resources Department
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Short- and long-term disability income.
- Group accident and critical illness insurance.
- Paid time off—vacation, sick days, and holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family membership to the Arts Center
- Discount for SHOP, ARTspace, and CAFE purchases, , ticketed events, classes, pre-school and other charged offerings.