Job Title: Career Coach (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Support Non Exempt – $21.31 per hour
Reports To: Director of Student Outreach
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks; Monday - Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college.
Student recruitment and career coaching: serve as primary contact for prospective students throughout the LTC admissions process; provide assessment and career guidance to prospective students. Provide 5-Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Qualify leads and forward them for data entry.
• Track prospective students to identify their needs throughout the recruitment process.
• On an ongoing basis, monitor viability of cold inquiries and leads for continual term cleanup.
• Contribute ideas to Student Futures Team that support the communication plan and recruitment goals.
• Cultivate student prospects through web inquiries, incoming phone calls, outreach and referrals.
• Follow-up with prospective students and guide them to identify their personal goals.
• Perform weekly outreach in accordance to team goals and record results appropriately.
• Provide personalized service and referrals for campus resources to prospective students.
• Host campus visits for prospective students, including walk-in appointments.
• Implement career assessments, informational interviews, and personal consultations to assist students in identifying career goals.
• Perform outreach recruiting activities as assigned, including off campus recruiting opportunities.
• Participate in LTC events for prospective students. Some evenings required.
• Participate in educational fairs and related special events representing the college and its programs.
• Represent LTC at schools and recruiting events to promote LTC programs, courses and services.
• Facilitate application and registration of high school students into various types of dual credit opportunities.
• Actively encourage and assist students with LTC Foundation scholarship applications.
• Build and maintain relationships with area high schools and influencers within.
• Refer students with disabilities to LTC Accommodation Services in regards to their transition to LTC.
• Participate in weekly team and monthly recruitment meetings and provide input towards the development and implementation of new services and processes in response to student needs and trends.
• Keep the Director of Student Outreach informed of processes, obstacles or concerns that impact performance.
• Provide support to the Student Futures team as needed.
• Provide support for grant initiatives as required.
• Provide late afternoon support (until 6pm) in the Career Coach office one day per week.
• Participate in approved staff training and development opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with two to three years in higher education, recruitment, sales, marketing or customer service field preferred OR any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Certified career development facilitator a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem resolution skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrate efficiency and provide flexibility to handle quick-turnaround.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a collaborative team environment.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, July 5, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.