Job Title: Health Programs Academic Specialist – Medical Assistant
(Part-Time; Limited-Term Employment | Grant-Funded)
Salary: Management Non-Exempt - $28.13 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment & Work Schedule: 10 hours per week x 30 academic weeks (Not to exceed 300 hours)
Morning, afternoon, and evening hours based upon the needs of the college
Purpose: The Grant Funded Academic Specialist provides unique services to the Medical Assistant program students to increase program success.
• Provide individualized academic support for borderline students which includes development of learning communities (study group facilitation and skills practice group facilitation), referral to LTC Student Services staff, mandatory meetings with students who fail first exams of the semester or multiple exams within a semester, walk-in hours for academic support, episodic tutoring, other duties to be defined.
• Intrusive advising and supplemental instruction in the medical assistant program courses as needed.
• Create test prep workshops to reinforce textbook information.
• Provide additional team teaching on health specific information.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• MA, LPN, or RN with two years of recent relevant clinic experience required.
• Background in clinical medical assistant duties essential.
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin preferred.
• Ability to consistently use sound judgment and flexibility while working with initiative and independence within a collaborative team environment.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service attitude, professionalism, positive human relations, and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated communication skills; both oral and written.
• Must possess strong organizational and follow-through skills and resourcefulness.
• Ability to manage projects and accomplish goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Thursday, June 27, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.