- Provide direct nursing care to patients in the long term care setting in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Administer medications, treatments, perform assessments
- Supervise staff members in assuring the delivery of quality care. Supervises and delegates patient care tasks to other patient care team members
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and other departments.
- Assures patient rights and privacy are protected.
- Answer questions, address concerns, problems and issues with staff, residents or family
- Currently licensed to practice, in good standing, by the state of Wisconsin
- Must maintain current CPR certification throughout employment