Job Title: Compensation and Benefits Manager (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Salary will commensurate based on education and experience
Reports To: Executive Director of Human Resources
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide leadership in the strategic engagement and alignment of Compensation, Benefits and Pay practices in achieving the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of the College. In addition, this position will research, evaluate and advise the Executive Director of Human Resources on employee benefits & compensation related matters. Provide innovative, cost effective strategies and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits Administration
• Design and implement health and wellness and compensation benefits and pay practices that attract and retain top talent.
• Confer with consultants, insurance carriers, actuaries, and other partners to align initiatives with best practices and needs.
• Monitor and evaluate the College’s benefit programs (e.g. medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, etc.).
• Develop training and multiple communication strategies to keep employees informed on their benefits, compensation, wellness and pay practices.
• Orient new employees to their benefits.
• Serve as a liaison with insurance claims administrator, carriers, and other agencies.
• Answer questions and problem solve insurance claim issues from employees.
• Create reports and monitor benefit information, costings, and other analyses.
• Respond to inquiries and requests for information, compile data and reports as required.
• Administer Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Federal and State laws.
• Design and prepare SQR reports, queries and Cognos reports as they relate to compensation and benefits.
• Co-lead the College’s Health & Wellness Committee. Work collaboratively with the College & Occupational Health Nurse on wellness initiatives and analysis. Provide leadership and education to committee members.
• Work in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on the personal services budgeting process.
• Coordinate the Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance requirements.
• Coordinate the design, calculation, recommendation and implementation of employee salary plans; prepare costings of salary and benefit increases for all employment groups.
• Cost out and prepare confidential databases for organizational decisions relative to salary administration.
• Review, recommend pay or earning increases in compliance with labor agreements and to assure internal equity.
• Coordinate and perform compensation related activities such as annual employee information meetings and the issuance of contracts and wage letters.
• Assist with conducting analysis of jobs, hourly wages and salaries to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance to the College’s pay practices. Prepare and maintain classification records.
• Conduct and participate in salary and benefit surveys; analyze survey results and impact on College compensation and benefit structures and practices.
• Responsible for the development, review, revision, and implementation of policies, procedures, systems, and communication related to benefit and compensation functions, employee handbook, organizational pay standards, etc.
• Research new or updated legislation and interpret impact on College benefits and compensation programs.
• Keep current in the occupational field to include new developments in concepts, practices, and regulations.
• Develop and document processes and procedures and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
• Communicate with employees regarding retirement benefits and options.
• Serve as the HIPAA Privacy Officer. Assure compliance and ongoing training and communication to employees.
• Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements with all relevant government rules and regulations.
• Provide data and reports requested by the Executive Director of Human Resources relative to benefits and compensation. Ensure that information requested is in a format that is easy to understand and deliver.
• Assist with the maintenance of the College’s employee handbook which includes the instructional assignment system development and interpretation.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Provide supervision to and responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the College and Occupational Health Nurse. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: be an advocate for LTC in the community; actively participate in college events; and develop plan(s) and budget for department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources with an emphasis in compensation and benefits or related discipline.
• Five to seven years of recent related experience.
• Prefer an accounting background and certification as a PHR, SPHR, or GPHR.
• Advanced computer application and software knowledge including HRIS database/information systems (PeopleSoft preferred), report-writing tools (Queries, Cognos reports, etc.) and spreadsheets.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, and to give presentations to large groups.
• Excellent human relations skills to communicate effectively and strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation (Management/Support Only)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration,
application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.