Job Title: WILM Application Developer (2 positions)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt –Annual Salary $50,842 (Minimum)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based upon education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: WILM Chief Information Officer
Location: Lakeshore – MidState – Wisconsin Indianhead
(Position location is based upon applicant’s residential location.)
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of WILM
(Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State Technical Colleges)
The Application Developer will be responsible for designing, coding, implementing, supporting, and maintaining WILM’s portfolio of systems. Act as a technical subject matter expert for assigned applications. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation. Provide backup support to other developers. Occasional travel to other two colleges as required by the project.
• Define needs, benefits, and technical strategy.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor applications within WILM's applications, to include collaborating with other technical staff to select appropriate design solutions and ensure compatibility of system components.
• Document procedures and system processes.
• Focus on the transition of projects from development to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle.
• Improve application performance to include evaluating existing applications for effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
• Integrate systems technologies.
• Perform technical analysis, design, and support in executing, testing and implementing solutions.
• Provide input on design concepts and design changes.
• Research and develop within the project life-cycle.
• Research, test, and verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
• Support ongoing performance tuning and application optimization as required.
• Troubleshoot and provide technical guidance for system software issues.
• Develop project plans and schedules.
• Ensure the timely, cost-effective implementation of high-quality projects.
• Maintain documentation system for administration, development, and support processes.
• Travel between the three technical colleges, Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State is required.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree required in an IT discipline. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field preferred. Degree must be from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum three (3) years of occupational experience developing in an ERP system. PeopleSoft experience preferred.
• Must possess the ability to:
o Achieve a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results.
o Leverage one’s practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of new business opportunities.
o Place a high priority on the (internal or external) customer’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implement service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, July 31, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.