Job Title: Business Intelligence/Application Database Administrator (Full-Time)
Reports To: Vice President of Strategy
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $26.46 per hour
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment & Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks; Monday - Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the WILM Consortium
(Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State Technical Colleges)
Responsible for the review and application of business requirements as directed by the Business Intelligence Manager, collection or construction of technical specifications, and the subsequent development of technology solutions that require development to be viable to support enterprise-wide data warehousing and business data information solutions. Responsible for the analysis, modeling under the supervision of the Business Intelligence Manager, specification of extract logic, testing, documentation, and maintenance of database structures developed to support enterprise-wide data warehousing and reporting objectives. Occasional travel to other two colleges as required by the project.
• Work with end user requirements to analyze, design, develop, and document subject area databases/tables within the data warehouse. This includes requirements’ gathering and analysis, as well as understanding business processes as directed by the Business Intelligence Manager. Expert understanding of data warehousing concepts (e.g., ODS, metadata management, data marts, star schema, operational vs. analytical reporting, relational vs. dimensional modeling).
• Participate throughout project life cycles, from planning to production implementation, with emphasis on business and data requirements and follow-through to production. Includes facilitating design sessions providing technical options for functional requirements, writing detailed table design and extract specifications. Analyze data in source systems to understand and develop Extract-Transformation-Load (ETL) architecture specifications and structures; design, create, deploy, and maintain models, packages, cubes, and reports.
• Document data structures and technical information. Create draft business requirements documents based on user needs and subject to approval by Business Intelligence Manager.
• Data support for data warehouse and business data information. This includes data modeling as meets the strategic Business Intelligence objectives as defined by the Business Intelligence Manager, data design, testing, implementing, and documenting extract programs and database objects consistent with business specifications, complying with standards and customer requirements.
• Ability to understand higher education data and reporting requirements then translating those requirements into an overall data warehouse solution.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operational support of the data warehouse ensuring data integrity, database availability and performance. Responsible for data information reporting and multi-dimensional ad-hoc analysis views (cubes).
• Test and reconcile data to source systems and business/data specifications.
• Support and maintain production and development systems for the data warehouse and reporting. Data server support and monitoring. Communicate with DBA’s and/or programmers to find integrated solutions to daily problems.
• Data file management, performance monitoring/tuning, and security setup for the data warehouse and reporting.
• Responsible for Cognos Administration.
• Attend professional growth activities through meetings, seminars, and classes to keep skills current with technology and programming changes.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer programming or related field required. Experience working in Windows, Cognos, data warehousing, SQL Server, T-SQL Script, development of Client Server environment required.
• Minimum of two years' experience in PeopleSoft preferred. Web programming and ASP preferred.
• Working knowledge of dimensional models and star schemas.
• Working knowledge of current Windows OS and Microsoft Office.
• Experience in providing technical support to PeopleSoft or similar ERP implementation on an SQL platform preferred. Manage and maintain PeopleSoft ERP user security.
• Complete database tuning and implement the backup and recovery procedures for web applications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the uses of computer-based data processing systems and their limitations; knowledge of the methods and techniques of systems analysis, design, and programming.
• Knowledge of Cognos ReportNet, Inpromptu, Powerplay and Decision Stream software.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel in the analysis of computer-based systems efforts.
• Design, create and maintain Databases, Tables, and all other SQL Server objects (inside .asp code and ad-hoc).
• Knowledge of information systems, table structures, and reporting methods.
• Plan, test and implement upgrades and patches.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) *Vacation
Dental Insurance * Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) * Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability * Professional Development * Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance * Tuition Reimbursement * On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) * Holidays * Wellness/Fitness Center
Recruitment Period - Reposted
Beginning: May 1, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources
Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=267