Job Title: Reporting Analyst
Salary Expectation: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $26.46 per hour
Reports To: Vice President of Strategy
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
(Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State Technical Colleges)
The Reporting Analyst position will be responsible for the successful delivery of reports and dashboards for the WILM Colleges. This position will be required to work closely with the college staff and WILM Business Intelligence Team to identify and create the correct data elements based upon needs. This position will work closely with the WILM Business Intelligence Team to ensure the proper data is loaded into the Data Warehouse. This position requires extensive knowledge of reporting tools.
• Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard needs.
• Translate business requirements into specifications used to implement the required reports, dashboards, and visualizations created from potentially multiple data sources.
• Design and build user reports, dashboards, and visualizations utilizing the appropriate front-end reporting and dashboard function to meet the requirements.
• Participate in converting legacy system reports using the prior data warehouse to the new data warehouse as a source to include; researching data availability and format, designing the report layout, developing the report, working with the users to test the report, and delivering the report to applicable users.
• Participate in data integrity procedures and work with end users to assure accuracy. Works closely with business users to verify data requirements and access needs.
• Responsible for report writing (relational and multidimensional) and creating dashboards and visualizations using the Cognos Suite or other WILM reporting tools.
• Develop report templates and implements business intelligence standards.
• Provide back up for framework models.
• Provide support to other report writers.
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports, dashboards, and visualizations for both external and internal users.
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Associate degree in IT related field is required.
• Two years of strong experience with report writing required, preferred using Cognos tools.
• SQL skills required.
• Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling.
• Cognos Framework Manager experience is preferred.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, July 18, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.