Job Title: Student Systems Manager/WILM District CS Lead
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $50,842 to $54,101
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Student Success
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
(Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State Technical Colleges)
Accountable for serving as LTC District Lead and PeopleSoft/Campus Solution liaison for LTC’s PeopleSoft Student Administrative Suite. Serve as the WILM Student Records/Catalog and Admissions Module Lead. Manage the Suite Project plan at the district level and assist the suite lead with the WILM Plan. Function as the Business Analyst and coordinate district resources to accomplish tasks while providing leadership for the implementation of the student records and admissions software. Coordinate and assign PeopleSoft records and admissions security for LTC staff, instructors, and students. Oversee and conduct student records and admissions training of LTC Staff and support the training needs of the WILM Consortium.
• Responsible for successful implementation of all PeopleSoft student records/catalog and admissions modules for the college/WILM.
• Maintain a functional and technical knowledge base of student records/catalog and admissions systems software.
• Work with technical analysts, suite leads, end users, consultants and LTC/WILM staff to analyze and test computer system to identify errors and ensure conformance to standards.
• Work closely with LTC/WILM staff, data center staff, and consultants to implement system upgrades (verifying and loading tables, verifying, and resolving upgrade functionality problems/issues, system patches for problem areas, etc.).
• Develop, coordinate, and maintain training manuals for the student records/catalog and admissions system for LTC and WILM.
• Work closely with the ImageNow project including providing functional expertise; manage current and future ImageNow systems, business processes, security and encourage the transfer of knowledge and skills to the appropriate staff.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two to four years recent related occupational experience.
• One to three years of specialized training in Administrative System software; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools.
• Strong problem-solving, customer service, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to think independently and make decisions with the scope of the role with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work independently in a self-guided position and make decisions based on outcomes.
• Ability to understand and influence others to achieve results. Ability to analyze the design of business systems.
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, November 12, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, November 30, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.