Job Title: Systems and Storage Administrator (Full-Time)
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $26.46 per hour
Technical College Location: Lakeshore – Mid-State – Wisconsin Indianhead
(Position location is based upon applicant’s residential location.)
Employment & Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks; Monday - Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the College
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure within the Data Center. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Provide backup support to the Network/Security Administrator and to the Database Administrator. Occasional travel to other two colleges as required by the project.
Responsibilities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of the Teams in executing, testing and implementing solutions. Participation on projects is focused on the transition of projects from development to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle.
• Maintain an effective system of communication between the Data Center, IT staff and college employees ensuring the full integration and smooth functioning of the PeopleSoft ERP environment; student and staff portals, Data Warehouse, and any other applications.
• Install existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Build/administer virtual environments.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, security, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
• Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
• Apply patches and upgrades, administrative tools and utilities as required. Configure/add new services as necessary.
• Complete ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Perform application administration and Tier III support duties for applications such as PeopleSoft, SharePoint, Cognos, Perceptive Content (aka ImageNow) within the Data Center.
• Monitor, download and apply application upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes for applications first to the test environment and then to production.
• Monitor current storage environment’s usage, performance, and availability.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot physical and logical tiers of PeopleSoft applications, including PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA), Microsoft SQL databases, Application Server, WebLogic Web Server, Tuxedo/Jolt, Database Server, Integration Broker, Process Scheduler and Net Express.
• Responsible for planning and execution of storage installation for new applications.
• Facilitate off-site storage of data through archive drives and site-to-site replication.
• Assist in the management of maintenance contract agreements and applications software licenses.
• Perform system monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning recommendations for PeopleSoft databases, applications, and interfaces/portals.
• Administer the backup system to ensure all scheduled jobs complete successfully and adjust backup jobs as needed.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions. Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree required in an IT discipline; Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field preferred. Degrees must be from an accredited college/university.
• Experience in LAN/WAN, network design and administration; SQL Server; thorough understanding of network and server fundamentals desired.
• Understanding of Virtual infrastructure, servers, Virtual Center, Linux, Unix, Server Blades, Windows Server installation, configuration and troubleshooting preferred.
• Experience installing, configuring and maintaining firewalls, IPSec/SSL VPN tunnels, and Intrusion Prevention Systems desired..
• Experience in providing technical support to PeopleSoft or similar ERP implementation on an SQL platform environment preferred.
• Database experience desired (e.g., installation, administration, maintenance, backup, tuning, troubleshooting) with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
• Possess project management and customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Other skills include strong troubleshooting and problem solving, and ability to isolate and resolve technical problems.
• Willingness to research and learn new technologies.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Recruitment Period – Revised/Reposted
Beginning: Monday, November 18, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click