The role of the Field Service Technician is to set up, integrate, static check, power up and execute full system integration of VFFS and feed systems equipment both in the OEM manufacturing facility as well as the customer’s production facility.
Oostburg, WI - USA
Mon - Fri (varied schedule)
Travel required 80% annually and of the work week. May travel on weekends to arrive at the scheduled destination on time.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Technical Diploma preferred, Bachelor's Degree a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- General computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring
- Mechanical proficiencies
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the installation of ancillary equipment mechanically and electrically.
- Performs static check out of equipment prior to power on.
- Processes set up and check out of equipment prior to shipment to customer facility.
- Installs and sets up equipment in the customer facility.
- Powers on and performs commissioning of equipment in the customer facility.
- Trains operators and maintenance technicians in the customer facility.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Understands and reads PLC logic.
- Makes decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Learns, understands, and applies new technology.
- Demonstrates superior customer service, complaint resolution, and troubleshooting skills.
- Always sell the Viking Value Proposition.
- Attend Tradeshows when necessary from a Technical resource.
- Continuous improvement and industry training upkeep.