High Speed Packaging Operator
Why This is a Great Job...
This position is a stepping stone into a Maintenance Technician career at Johnsonville Sausage. Johnsonville will provide internal support and resources to help you develop your skills and reach your full potential.
- Main Function of the job:
- Responsible for daily maintenance and operation of Packaging line
- Be responsible for the performance and productivity of the equipment on the line
- Maintenance of packaging equipment
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- Preventive maintenance of packaging equipment in your assigned area
What results must the Member produce?
- Help gather information to obtain and maintain computerized PM program.
- Maintain/monitor inventory system for plant and utility equipment.
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet MS, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards.
- Improve uptime on plant equipment through machine modification, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance.
- Maintain all utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion.
- 1-3 years of experience running a production/packaging line is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must be willing to share skills to help others develop and possess excellent communication skills.
- Committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards equipment maintenance, projects, general housekeeping and maintaining all shop/utility areas in a neat orderly fashion.
- Ability to rotate between operation of several different pieces of equipment on a daily and/or weekly basis
- Ability and openness to work in a rotation program and be a back-up operator for other production lines/rooms within the facility
- Strong written verbal communication skills required
- Strong math background is required
- Must be able to complete production documentation paperwork accurately
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able tomaintain all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must be able to actively participate in a team environment
- Basic computer skills needed
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.
|Hours:||2nd shift 2pm-1030pm (Overtime as production demands)|
|Member Status:||Full time|