At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. The human nutrition division focuses on industry leading whey and milk protein isolates, concentrates, and hydrolysates. The animal nutrition division is a leading supplier of functional fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Both divisions are backed by the speed, execution and passion it takes to exceed the expectation of our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.
Milk Specialties Global has an exciting opportunity available for a Quality Manager in Adell, WI.
The Quality Manager has the responsibility for overall product safety, quality and regulatory compliance for the manufacturing plant. This includes the development and implementation of a preventative quality system, specification compliance, operator training and development, quality testing of ingredients and/or finished products, labeling, complaint handling, and communication with sales and plant personnel regarding quality program trends, issues and opportunities according to established policy and procedures.
Our Quality Manager Will:
- Help drive culture change by leading as example with positive attitude and innovative thinking to contribute to the business strategy.
- Implement and monitor the company’s Quality Assurance Program at the facility according to established policies and procedures and assuring the accuracy of data.
- Establish quality assurance specifications for finished products, in process testing and ingredients and ensure that these specifications are met and adhered to by production personnel.
- Establish quality specifications for incoming raw materials with Purchasing, monitoring these raw materials to ensure that specifications are met.
- Recruit, direct, coach, lead and supervise all QA personnel constantly raising the standard of performance. Establish education and development programs for employees including SOP’s, quality specifications, safety and job expectations.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget. Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve margins.
- Research and provide analytical results on customer complaints in a timely manner. Interact with customers as needed on complaint investigation and resolution. Professionally represent MSG on quality matters with vendors and customers.
- Assist operations with establishing procedures and supervising all product and process development and test runs, reporting all results.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
- Conduct internal, vendor and contract manufacturing audits as required.
- Maintain and improve all current quality assurance lab data system reports. Conduct statistical analysis on production, lab and formula data.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, federal and international safety and regulatory policies and practices as appropriate.
- Remain current on matters relating to production methods, formulations, analytical techniques and federal regulations as they relate to the Company’s products. Make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Assist with the education of production personnel in the monitoring of product quality. This includes the proper cleaning of production equipment and warehouse areas, performing sanitation audits and monitoring proper closure of bags and storage methods.
- Coordinate pest control services.
- 5 years previous manufacturing QA management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Life Science or related area
- Strong knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and computer software applications
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Previous supervisory experience
The COVID-19 vaccine is encouraged, but not required. Milk Specialties Global closely follows CDC guidelines and updates to