Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $24.43 per hour
Reports To: Vice President of Outreach
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for the fast-paced, engaging, ongoing development and execution of highly-customized, social media, email, and website content. This position plans and implements the digital communication and social marketing strategy to increase engagement, enhance the college brand reputation, and support enrollment growth through lead generation.
• Plan, develop, and curate social media content for multiple platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN, and YouTube that reflects the college mission and brand strategy, as well as advances marketing and communication goals.
• Create plans to reach and grow key audiences through the use of relevant social media channels and content. Develop a social media content calendar and innovative social campaigns in alignment with the college brand and strategic goals.
• Develop, plan, and implement social advertising to reach marketing campaign goals. Boost social media posts that are performing well to increase reach.
• Regularly monitor the College’s social media channels for engagement opportunities as well as to flag important or concerning content. Participate as part of an on-call rotation to monitor and respond to social media inquiries outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, and during key events.
• Collaborate with college divisions and faculty to curate content, as well as support promotion of college news and events.
• Collaborate with the Marketing creative team to align digital communication with traditional brand communication tactics.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Analyst to create dashboards and reports, as well as implement listening tools in order to inform strategy, optimize engagement, and promote social audience growth and impact.
• Utilize analytics and other feedback systems to establish strategy, forecast results, and drive improvement.
• Provide recommendations to help identify opportunities to improve engagement and elevate LTC’s digital presence.
• Develop clear, engaging, and relevant copy for web landing pages to drive conversions and generate prospective student leads.
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing Analyst to improve the user experience on the LTC website.
• Manage website architecture, plan and develop content for new web pages in accordance with best web practices.
• Manage homepage advertising content and schedule to assist in meeting Marketing goals.
• Develop email marketing campaigns with the Recruitment team to move leads through the funnel and drive conversions.
• Develop segmentation strategies, create templates, calls-to-action, and content for email campaigns for professional seminars and personal enrichment courses.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, creative/persuasive writing or equivalent and a minimum of two years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Professional experience creating and managing content for multiple social media channels, as well as scheduling software, such as Hootsuite.
• Experience with paid promotional opportunities within social media platforms.
• Ability to interpret digital analytics and adapt to continuously grow followers and engagement.
• Proven proficiency in marketing copywriting, as well as web content best practices/guidelines.
• Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact, and best practices in email content development.
• A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
• Comfort interacting with internal clients at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to manage projects from conception to completion.
• Ability to organize, coordinate and complete multiple complex web-related tasks within short and longer-term timeframes.
• Higher education or service industry experience preferred.
• Ability to research best practices and quickly and proactively implement relevant new tactics in social media, web, and email platforms.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
• Passion for education, the community, and a diverse student body.
• Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner at all times.
• Organizational, planning and time management skills; human relations skills; verbal and written communication skills; analytical skills and abilities; computer technology skills and abilities; team/meeting management; problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to plan and set goals and follow-through to completion; initiative, judgment, and ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, January 30, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.