Job Title: Director of Marketing (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $65,000 to $85,000
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Vice President of Outreach
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Lead the development and implementation of marketing communication plans in alignment with the college’s strategic priorities. Effectively leverage digital and social media communication channels to support new student enrollment goals. Provide creative direction to consistently build the college brand and generate prospective student leads. Design and implement public relations and earned media strategies to garner positive publicity for the college.
• Lead, plan, and implement the college digital and social media marketing strategy.
• Manage the development and execution of a digital advertising plan.
• Analyze and evaluate social and digital analytics to ensure effectiveness in achieving organization strategic goals.
• Provide reports for leadership and other stakeholders to assess the performance of digital strategies & campaigns.
• Lead the on-going development of robust and highly-customized prospective student communications delivered through the college CRM in collaboration with the Director of Student Outreach.
• Manage the development and effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
• Manage the user experience, design, content, and architecture of the college website.
• Develop, implement, and maintain an annual marketing communication plan.
• Manage marketing budget in alignment with college strategic & annual plans.
• Create comprehensive promotional plans to support college initiatives and priorities.
• Provide stewardship of the college brand.
• Manage the operational activities for the marketing function including the engagement of external vendors such as market research firms, media planners/buyers, video production firms, photographers, branded promotional items/clothing, and freelance designers/writers.
• Participate on the Wisconsin Technical College Marketing Consortium and provide input to the direction of statewide marketing initiatives.
• Provide strategic and creative direction for the in-house creative team in the development of communication materials including online/digital graphics & messaging, video, print, billboard, etc.
• Manage environmental branding initiatives.
• Ensure brand and voice consistency across communication channels.
• Develop media relations strategies to garner positive publicity for the college.
• Manage the development and submission of various award nominations.
• Provide communication support for executive-level communication and presentations.
• Develop and execute high-profile public events.
• Maintain the crisis communication plan and serve as a member on the college Incident Management Team.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Supervision is provided to the Marketing Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Marketing activities. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years recent experience in all aspects of marketing leadership, including strategic communication planning, particularly with digital and social media channels; creative direction and leading a creative team; public relations and earned media strategies; and/or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience.
• Agency, higher education, or consumer marketing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in digital marketing strategies and social media. Demonstrated skill in developing, writing and editing executive-level business presentations and communication.
• Ability to provide high-level project management of marketing communication initiatives, with experience in a cloud-based project management system (e.g. Monday, Asana) preferred.
• Ability to select and hire vendors and consultants.
• Ability to organize, coordinate and complete multiple complex tasks within short and longer-term timeframes. Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly, and work with flexibility. Ability to manage projects and accomplish goals. Ability to prioritize tasks and supervise activities of others.
• Ability to consistently use sound judgment and flexibility while working with initiative and independence within a collaborative team environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, economic or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, October 11, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, November 1, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.