Road America is seeking an individual to fill a full-time on-site position as a Marketing Specialist. This position accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader who applies marketing and project management knowledge to achieve the needs of the customers. They will demonstrate effective leadership and support the identification and development of new product strategies driving business-to-business and consumer sales.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve departmental objectives by contributing to marketing sales research relating to strategic planning. Prepares action plans implementing production, quality, trend identification, problem resolution, and auditing. Uses these skills to identify and implement system improvements.
- Meet marketing and sales financial goals by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate trade promotion programs, and develop field sales action plans. Research marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities and improving product offerings.
- Create and manage the marketing calendar for internal purposes.
- Support and assist with partnership sales efforts and retention.
- Assist with call center solicitation scripts and promotions
- Update and maintain the website
- Race weekend event duties as assigned with partners and promotional programs.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Utilize primary and secondary research to identify actionable insights and to guide new product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and business development
- Strong knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce), and content management systems
- Metrics-driven marketing and reporting with eye for creativity.
- Excellent understanding, creation, and follow-through of email marketing campaigns with result metrics reporting to fellow team members.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to collaboratively lead and work within cross-functional teams to establish priorities, objectives, and deliverables.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses.
- Contributes to the overall success of Road America and its offerings by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Strong project management, multi-tasking, and decision-marking skills.
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software, and graphic experience such as Adobe.
- Proficient technical skills in all aspects of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to periodic outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat, subject to noise and fast-moving objects to support race events. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.
Hours: 55+ hours per week in season (June through August) with 45+ hours per week off-season. Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to work weekdays, nights, and weekends to support events.