YMCA Camp Y-Koda, located in Sheboygan Falls, WI is seeking qualified individuals to lead adventurous outdoor programs for youth and adults. Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, Outdoor Adventure Staff will work directly with community groups to provide them with a high quality outdoor program. Programs and activities lead by Outdoor Adventure Staff may include but are not limited to: belaying for high ropes and climbing wall, facilitating low-ropes and teambuilding initiatives, leading canoe & kayaking adventures in a lake or river, lifeguarding at a pool, lake or river, leading archery or BB Guns.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Have experience and enjoy leading activities for both adults and children in the outdoors
• Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with other staff in contributing to the goals of the program
• Possess and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding
• Physical ability to: walk outdoors on uneven terrain, lift up to 50 lbs., be able to push, pull, hold, handle or drag equipment up to 20 lbs., bend, squat, and kneel frequently.
• Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record.
This is a part-time, seasonal position with flexible hours. Hours may range from 5-15 hours per week and will vary depending on the month. Our busy season is April-August. Hours may be during the week, evenings, and weekends.