Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $16.83 per hour (minimum)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 17 hours per week x 48 weeks
Monday – Friday;
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide educational pathway guidance and support, as well as instructional assistance to students co-enrolled in the GED/HED + College program and in the GED/HSED/HSED 5.09 programs. Schedule and direct GED/HSED + College participants in required services. Use technology to support program outreach through social media and internal messaging at LTC satellite locations. Problem-solve and troubleshoot technology needs. Facilitate individual and small group learning activities. Provide 5 Star Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(25%) IET Pathway Assistance
(50%) Instructional Assistant
- Provide orientation to GED/HSED + College program.
- Set student expectations to meet requirements for all GED/HSED + College pathway programs. Conduct time management activity and schedule initial academic support, supplemental instruction, and advising sessions.
- Coordinate academic support sessions, class times, and advising sessions with the student to develop a comprehensive schedule each term.
- Connect regularly with students in the GED/HSED + College program. Ensure all criteria is being met.
- Notify the Dean, Advisor, and Faculty if a student is not meeting expectations.
- Track and complete enrollment matrix based on GED/HSED + College student’s current status in the pathway.
(25%) Program Outreach and Support
- Provide instructional assistance through individual tutoring in the GED/HSED/HSED 5.09 programs.
- Administer and explain required documentation for enrollment (e.g. registrations, demographics, student conduct code, Personal Education Plan) to students and assist them with the completion.
- Administer and score tests. Interpret and explain test results to students.
- Create student computer accounts; provide support and assistance to students in accessing computer programs and the learning management system.
- Distribute appropriate instructional lab materials.
- Work collaboratively with faculty to ensure student success and program success.
- Maintain an “everybody can succeed” philosophy, and advocate for student needs.
- Develop and deploy outreach to current and potential students through social media. Stay current with photos, events, and learning to communicate the Adult Education and English Language Learning programs, as well as the GED/HSED + College program.
- Create and maintain appropriate messaging for internal screens at LTC-Manitowoc and LTC-Sheboygan.
- Maintain communication between students and LTC staff.
- Distribute, monitor, and forward completed tests to appropriate Instructor/Instructional Assistant.
- Administer and explain paperwork (registration, demographic, student conduct code, Personal Education Plan) to new and returning students and assist them with the completion of documents.
- Provide information to potential students to initiate participation in program orientation. Refer students to appropriate Student Services staff and/or support agencies. Participate in retention and recruitment activities.
- Transfer referral needs to Instructor or Instruction Assistant for students requiring additional services.
- Participate as a member of the team by attending meetings, training activities, and professional development activities.
- Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
- Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and lists.
- Promote a positive image of LTC both internally and externally.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and serve as liaison to the Help Desk.
- Motivate students to reach their goals from intake to course enrollment. Advocate for student’s needs.
- Associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Experience within secondary or post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations preferred.
- Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
- Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate and understand non-English speaking people.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial.
Beginning: Monday, June 28, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, July 12, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID).
LAKESHORE TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, RELIGION, SEX, DISABILITY, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC TESTING, LACK OF ENGLISH SKILLS, ARREST OR CONVICTION RECORD, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, VETERAN STATUS, PARENTAL STATUS, MARITAL STATUS, PREGNANCY OR OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORIES, IN ITS SERVICES, EMPLOYMENT, PROGRAMS, AND/OR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADMISSIONS, ACCESS AND PARTICIPATION. THE COLLEGE ATTEMPTS TO BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL LAWS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TITLE IX & SECTION 504. INQUIRIES REGARDING NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES ARE HANDLED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER, 1290 NORTH AVENUE, CLEVELAND WI 53015, PHONE 920.693.1139 OR 888.468.6582, EXT. 1139.
LAKESHORE TECHNICAL COLLEGE PROVIDES REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ASSIST PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES TO ACCESS OR PARTICIPATE IN ITS PROGRAMS OR ACTIVITIES. PERSONS REQUIRING ACCOMMODATION TO ACCESS THE COLLEGE’S PROGRAMS, SERVICES, AND/OR EMPLOYMENT SHOULD CALL LTC AT 920.693.1000 OR 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), OR TTY 711.