Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $12.08 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Child Care Center Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
15-20 hours per week (School Year)
Monday – Friday; Shifts between 8:00am-5:00pm
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Plan and carry out a variety of activities with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature. Provide Five Star Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the child care center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
• High school diploma or equivalent and one semester of technical training or specialized courses with six months to one year recent related occupational experience.
• One-year early childhood technical diploma preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
• Experience in a nursery or child care setting beneficial.
• Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Contingent employment offers are based on the results of both preliminary and final background check eligibility determinations by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
• Basic First Aid and CPR certification is required.
• DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required.
Beginning: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.