Position: PROPERTY MANAGER Full Time ($21.94 to $31.59 per hour)
Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Supervisor: Executive Director
When you work for Partners for Community Development, Inc., every day is more than just a workday, it’s an opportunity to help others. Partners offers a flexible work schedule, steady work, competitive pay and benefits, all while having the ability to continually support the community. We are a team of professionals dedicated to building up our neighborhoods to help create better places to live.
Partners is looking for an experienced Property Manager in Affordable Housing to be responsible for the daily operations of Sunnyside Townhouses in Sheboygan. This person must be familiar with Section 8 and Section 42 rules and regulations.
- Perform all property management duties for rental units while maintaining a 95% occupancy rate.
- Effectively deal with all tenant issues, including but not limited to evictions, warnings, rent collections, complaints, 5 &14 day notices, income verification, recertification, etc.
- Develop activities, such as tenant participation and outreach events.
- Perform credit, landlord, and police checks for all rental applicants, and ensure that tenants meet all eligibility criteria.
- Manage and supervise the maintenance and upkeep of all property grounds and playground equipment.
- Assist with maintenance and updating of all program agreements, applications and program procedure manuals.
- Work closely with the Partners’ housing programs to learn, expand and develop additional services, such as property management services, and build or purchase additional properties.
- Complete and submit all required WHEDA reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all program aspects are in accordance with contract provisions and all relevant laws and ordinances. Maintain all files and records.
- Attend housing committee meetings when asked and submit monthly occupancy and financial reports to the Executive Director.
- Submit Tax Exemption applications annually to the City of Sheboygan Assessors Offices to ensure continuation of tax exemptions.
- Assist with writing proposals, leveraging funding, multi-family housing development, and implementing housing services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
This is a full-time job opportunity that includes competitive pay and benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, short term disability insurance, life insurance and a 401k plan with company matching funds.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Working Under an Affirmative Action Plan
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
MORE ABOUT PARTNERS:
Partners for Community Development, Inc. (Partners) focuses on providing the best service to the community in residential energy conservation, housing rehabilitation, home buying assistance, and bi-lingual services.
Partners provides a comprehensive range of high-quality home rehabilitation and energy conservation services to the community, delivered by a team of directly employed trade professionals. We provide opportunities for low to moderate income families and non-English speakers to achieve social and economic independence through our social services programs.
Partners is one of 25 Weatherization Operators for the State of Wisconsin, serving the Eastern Wisconsin counties of Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, and Northern Milwaukee.
- Five years of experience in property management of WHEDA Tax Credit Section-42 and Section 8 housing programs.
- Experience working with maintenance and grounds personnel, including sub-contracting with local contractors
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Respect for confidentiality of tenants’ information received.
- Good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Availability to respond to after hours and weekend emergencies.
- Real Estate License preferred, but not required.
- Multi-lingual abilities (specifically Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's License, reliable transportation and auto insurance.