Sales and Purchasing Coordinator – Retail Operations
Do you have a passion for retail that goes beyond the customer service experience? Are you a go-getter who can take charge in getting the job done as well as delegating tasks to accomplish the team goals? Do you enjoy working as part of a team as well as with a diverse customer base? Do you have an interest and passion in supporting the innovative explorations of the arts, fostering the positive exchange between artists and the community?
John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC) in Sheboygan, WI, is seeking a Sales and Purchasing Coordinator – Retail Operations. This position supports daily operations with opening and closing responsibilities, by leading all sales transaction efforts, tracking and maintaining inventory, pricing and POS management, invoice tracking and payments, operational and report generation for management decision-making and accounting needs as well as training Retail Associate Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracks sales and inventory levels by assisting with sales flow to reduce slow-turn merchandise and free up expenditures for new merchandise.
- Assist with floor sales when needed to fill in for vacations and sick days.
- Run an E-commerce shop with input from Shop Manager. Ensures shop looks full and is ready for shoppers. Tracks inventory. Fulfills E-commerce orders by packing and shipping merchandise to customers in a timely manner.
- Supervises year-end physical inventory and reconciliation with accounting year-end ledger figures.
- Assist in training Retail Associates on POS system, daily tasks, Arts Center history, FAQs. Is knowledgeable about and ensures Retail Associates knowledge of all merchandise and artists. Trains Retail Associates on and maintains importance of techniques in outstanding customer service.
- Implements inventory transfers between stores and internal departments in POS system. Records internal department charges for accounting. Facilitates physical transport of merchandise between stores in a timely manner.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed.
- 3 years of retail experience, preferably in an art-oriented or high-end specialty store.
- 3 years of experience purchasing products and managing inventory in a retail setting.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and in a team environment.
- Proactive self-starter who exhibits initiative and leadership.
- Organized and detail oriented with superb time management skills.
- Proficiency with POS, Word, Excel, order entry and inventory management.
- Willing to work holidays, evenings and weekends if assigned.
- Experience working with end of year inventory preferred.
- Must be able to stand or walk more than 4 hours a day; bend, reach, push, pull, climb a step ladder and handle up to 25 pounds of weight.