Job Title: Training Director – Contract Management (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt – Annual Salary $54,000 - $57,500
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 48 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Develop, promote, and sell LTC’s business and industry services. Coordinate the needs of business with the resources, networks, and partners of the college in achieving LTC's mission and customer needs. Collaborate with the Business Solutions Manager to ensure proper flow of information to address time-sensitive customer requests.
• Manage the day-to-day operational functions that support the fulfillment, delivery, evaluation, and closeout of contracted or grant-funded training services, serving as the liaison between sales and contract fulfillment functions. This includes participation in customer meetings, assistance with proposal development, curriculum review, scheduling of training, collaboration regarding curriculum development or delivery of technical assistance, grant development/revision and final contract reconciliation.
• Collaborate with staff on the design, creation, implementation and management of training and development strategies and related programs and processes including curriculum to include assistance with lead generation and new product development.
• Manage internal and external curriculum, to include the development and purchase of curriculum to provide strategic and tactical solutions supporting the development of an available product portfolio in accordance with departmental strategic priorities.
• Develop and continuously analyze quality measures and metrics for the fulfillment services including monitoring performance and effectiveness of instructors and consultants, initiating corrective measures and implementing continuous improvement processes when appropriate.
• Procure instructional material. Ensure relevant and quality of handbooks, book orders, presentations, facility setup, AV needs, etc.
• Manage instructor and contract database, contract modifications and out of district documentation.
• Serve as the onsite administrator for sales and customer relations management software tools utilized by the department and oversee the curriculum database. Research, recommend and oversee other technology solutions as needed.
• Participate in WATG application development, budget development, implementation, and evaluation. Work with client specialists and grant team to develop and evaluate outcomes.
• Target business prospects for incumbent worker training opportunities
• Work with the local EDCs to maximize impact of training in the economic development incentive packages.
• Participate in divisional staff meetings, team and/or program staff meetings to provide staff/economic development interface.
• Participate as needed in task forces and represent LTC at state called meetings.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee business and industry processes. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or a related field required OR an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
• Three to five years’ recent related occupational experience is required. Two years’ occupational experience in a public or private sector business with a minimum of one year of external sales experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of business/industry technological terms.
• Ability to work independently yet serve as a team builder.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal/external customers in a team environment.
• Strong organizational, planning and analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage, coordinate, develop, implement, project, and plan.
• Ability to interview for analyze/assess workflow procedure.
• Ability to take initiative while remaining open to ideas of others.
• Must possess effective marketing/promotional skills.
• Proven experiences in applying continuous improvement practices.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, January 9, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.