POSITION: MASTER ELECTRICIAN
Pay Range: $28.51 to $42.19/hour
SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Program Manager
LOCATIONS: Sheboygan or Brown Deer
When you work for Partners for Community Development, Inc., every day is more than just a workday, it’s an opportunity to help others. Partners offers a flexible work schedule, steady work, no nights, weekends or on-call, competitive pay, and benefits, all while having the ability to continually support the community. We are a team of professionals dedicated to building up our neighborhoods to help create better places to live.
Partners for Community Development, Inc. is looking for Master Electricians to join our team working to provide cost-effective energy efficiency and health and safety measures to reduce energy costs and improve comfort for the communities we serve in the counties of Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Ozaukee and Northern Milwaukee.
This Electrician position requires a one on one working relationship with our clientele, and is essential to the agency’s public image through strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Install bath fans, range fans and other airflow devices in accordance with code and programmatic requirements.
- Identify and/or remove knob & tube wiring in attics and sidewalls and rewire in accordance with weatherization programs requirements and the NEC.
- Install new outlets for power vented water heaters
- Wire independent circuits for newly installed heating systems
- Maintain accurate records of material and labor on the job site.
- Perform a variety of activities normally performed by a licensed electrician including; wiring new electrical circuits, installing electric appliances, panels and devices, replacement of faulty wiring, troubleshooting electrical problems, etc.
- Identify and repair minor electrical deficiencies.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of tools and supplies as assigned.
- Assist with other aspects of weatherization jobs, including HVAC and plumbing installations, as needed.
- Attend meetings and training seminars for continual education as required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Working Under an Affirmative Action Plan
- Current Master Electrician License (state of Wisconsin) required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Residential Electrical field.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, proof of auto liability insurance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to train other staff in electrical field.
- Computer knowledge and experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain State Certified Lead Supervisor license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain State Certified Asbestos Supervisor license.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Experience in weatherization techniques and product installation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of hazardous materials found in older construction.
- Understanding of OSHA construction safety standards
- Must demonstrate good working habits, including punctuality, motivation and compliance with rules and regulations.
- Capability of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in demanding environments and with people of diverse personalities.
- Must be able to meet physical demands required to complete assigned tasks. Physical demands may include:
- Working in tight or confined spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
- Work in extreme hot and cold temperatures such as in attics or outdoors.
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Working at heights (ladder or on a roof) using PPE.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners for Community Development, Inc. (Partners) focuses on social services programs and providing the best service to the community in residential energy conservation, housing rehabilitation, home buying assistance, and bi-lingual services.
Partners provides a comprehensive range of high-quality home rehabilitation and energy conservation services to the community, delivered by a team of directly employed trade professionals. We provide opportunities for low to moderate income families and non-English speakers to achieve social and economic independence through our social services programs.
Partners is one of the 25 Weatherization Operators for the State of Wisconsin, serving the Eastern Wisconsin counties of Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, and Northern Milwaukee.