The Summer Camp Lifeguard serves as the head lifeguard, a leader, role model, and main lifeguard for our swim periods at the swimming pool and camp lake. The lifeguard is responsible for maintaining the quality of aquatic supplies, equipment and materials, and responsible for the safety of participants in aquatic activities.
- Must be age 16 & older
- Must be able to provide HS Diploma/Transcripts, or GED (or actively in pursuit thereof)
- Must possess youth leadership experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a cooperative attitude and the ability to work with and understand the needs of children.
- An appreciation of outdoor living, nature and camp settings.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must work a minimum of 20 hours or more per week.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions such as rain and 70-90 degree weather
- Must have a high level of alertness, concentration, and initiative, with the ability to work accurately at a fast pace.
- Possess and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR & Lifeguarding. Training is available for those who need the certification.
- Must possess a valid, USA State Issues driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record.