Are you looking for a summer job that will truly make an impact on someone's life? Join our 2021 Summer Camp Team as a Camp Counselor with us! Counselors learn leadership, teamwork, communication and problem solving skills in our diverse day camp environment.
Salary: starting salary is $365 per week.
As a camp counselor they are responsible for being a cabin leader of a group of 12-16 children (ages vary from 4-16). The counselor works with a new group each week for day camps or specialty camps or taking groups on field trips, which can be found on our website
or in the Summer Camp Brochure
. Pre-camp training begins in late May/Early June going into our 11-week camp program (June 14-August 27, 2021). This job is only Monday-Fridays with full-time like hours during the day time.
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to successfully pass the Lifeguard Certification Course, which is obtainable through camp training. Current First Aid, CPR, AED and Lifeguard Certification is preferred.
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must be able to work comfortably in all weather conditions such as rain or 70-90 degree weather.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities such as: row boating, lawn games, building campfires, swimming, physical games and activities.
**Our summer camp program is a licensed day camp, therefore Camp Y-Koda and the YMCA does not provide room & board, and transportation to/from work each day.