Are you looking for a summer job that truly impacts somebody's life? Join our 2021 Summer Camp team! Enjoy the great outdoors while making friendships that'll last for a lifetime!
The Teen Program Coordinator serves as a leader, role model, educator and counselor for approximately 12-18 campers (working with primarily ages 9-16). This role serves as the lead and primary instructor for all off-site adventure trips, resident camps, adventure based day camps, and leadership development camps.
- Dates: June-August 2021
- Salary: $350.00 per week (about $1,400 per month) with additional compensation provided for camps with multiple overnights (resident camps & adventure trips)
- To Apply: Please complete our online job application form which can be found on our website's employment page. www.sheboygancountyymca.org/camp-y-koda/employment
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 21 years of age or older (must be 21 before June 14, 2021)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a current drivers license
- Preferred, Experience or coursework in childhood education, leadership development, team-building or camp setting
- Preferred, Experience working with teens with proficiency in team building and conflict resolution
- Must be able to successfully pass the Lifeguard certification course, which is obtainable in pre-camp training. Current first aid, CPR, AED and lifeguarding certification is preferred.
- Must possess youth leadership experience, excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to work with and understand the needs of children/teens.
- Must have previous training or experience in a high ropes course setting and adventure challenge programs.
- Experience creating and implementing outdoor adventure activities, leadership development curriculum and teaching ranged sports & fishing, is preferred.
- An appreciation of outdoor living, nature and camp settings.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but not limited to: row boating, lawn games, building campfires, swimming, team building exercises, physical games and activities.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions such as rain and 70-90 degree weather.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in staff training, meetings, all Thursday family programs and overnights, camp activities, fundraisers and promotional events.
- Mentor and help guide Assistant Counselors/volunteers to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Responsible for the education, leadership, safety and well-being of the CITs (Counselor-in-training). Trains CIT's in team-building philosophy and practice.
- Incorporate training programming and education components into the CIT program.
- Assist the Summer Camp Director in the planning, coordination, implementation and teaching for the CIT program sessions, adventure trips, resident camps, and off-site excursions. Assist with preparation & teach program curriculum, leadership specific skills and activities in accordance with the CIT leadership curriculum.
- Lead off-site excursions, adventure camps & trips, resident camps.
- Lead and assist in specialty activities such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, hiking trips, river & lake trips.
- Maintain a balanced budget for adventure trips, resident camps, & leadership programs by monitoring the inventory, forecasting future needs and purchasing supplies. Submit records & receipts of all purchases to the Summer Camp Director.
- Assist camp directors in Thursday night sleepovers & Friday morning breakfast.
- And more.
**YMCA Camp Y-Koda is a licensed day camp, therefore we do not provide room & board for "day camp" weeks. For the weeks of the resident camps & adventure trips, we provide room & board.