35.70 per hour -Per adjunct faculty salary schedule
Note: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and does not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Day/Evening/Weekend Teaching Assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin
Lakeshore Technical College seeks a part-time instructor who has a passion for teaching and learning in the Renewable Energy program. The successful candidate will be one who is willing to use innovative teaching techniques and technologies to create flexible learning environments, is committed to assessment and improvement of student learning, and the development of independent, lifelong learners.
Under the supervision of the Dean of Transportation, Energy, and Public Safety, and in collaboration with other faculty, staff, and the program advisory committee, the individual will teach and facilitate student learning in the core occupational courses such as:
• Work at Height Safety
• Wind Turbine Operations
• Wind Turbine Maintenance
• Responsible for coordinating the instruction process, associated curriculum review and development, and student advising within the area of instruction.
• Responsible for delivering instruction and assessments in alignment with curriculum requirements.
• Required to coordinate the instructional process, to include but not limited to: course preparation, student attendance records, student assessment, grading, and must be accessible to students outside of scheduled classroom time (to include electronic communications as well as in-person meetings)
Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate Degree with minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience ~OR~ Bachelor’s Degree with two years of verifiable related occupational experience ~OR~ Seven years (14,000 hours) of verifiable related occupational experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Adult teaching experience preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment:
Type of Position: Part Time Position