This interactive session is designed to introduce and practice three essential skills in engaging more effectively with and breaking down various types of organizational silos.
- Communication influences culture and business results
- Discussion around different ways that people, departments and organizations interact
- Strategies and practical approaches: for each type of organization type, we discuss:
- Strategies for how to get the most out of each organization type
- Practical approaches on how to engage successfully
- Recognizing red flags
- What to look for when the individual, group, organization is not functioning optimally
Our speaker, Thomas Schultz PHR, SHRM-CP, has more than 20 years of experience as a human resources professional. He brings a broad blend of skills in areas such as leadership coaching, employee relations, benefits, training and development, change leadership and employment law. As a senior human resources consultant, Thomas provides one-on-one guidance and counsel, along with the ability to address broader challenges. His experience includes building human resource systems and structures that match the changing needs of businesses. He is adept at leading organizational talent and development strategies that tie to tangible business needs.
With an accreditation as a certified behavioral consultant, Thomas uses the DISC Personality profile instruments to better understand employees, behaviors and motivations to create stronger teams. Prior to joining Schenck, Thomas worked for one of the top five transportation and logistics companies in the country. Most recently, he led the revitalization of human resources and supported the president of an award-winning, family-owned manufacturing organization.